Monday, March 29, 2010

THE AMAZING CARSON

Carson getting ready for his CT scan.

If you are curious what PET stands for.

This is the semi trailer.


Carson getting ready for his PET scan.

Carson waiting for his scans.

I am a proud Mom! I love all my boys and it totally amazes me how brave they are. Carson had a big day today. We went back for his first follow-up PET and CT scans. We won't have results until Thursday so your continued prayers in his behalf are certainly felt and I know they have helped him. Anyway, Carson HATES needles, I think alittle more than most kids. The IV is what he dreads most about these appointments. He didn't even shed a tear when they put it in today. ( I can't even do that) Today he had his tests done at PCMC (Primary Childrens Medical Center). What an amazing place! Scott, Doug and Ron the nuclear rad tech's were AWESOME! Carson walked away like he had spent the day at Disneyland! He was a little nervous about the PET scan because we told him it was in a semi trailer. It is portable so it can rotate between local hospitals. He thought he would be shut in this cold, metal box and left alone in the dark. He was very surprised that it was just like any other X-ray room with lights, it was warm and Mom got to be with him the entire time. We are so lucky to have such an amazing facility so close to home.

3 comments:

Taunya said...

You certainly do have AMAZING BOYS - and they are blessed to have one AMAZING mom! Thanks for sharing how Carson is facing his fears with faith and a little "Disneyland-like" fun. I have no doubt he will rise to the top with perfect health. Stay strong. We are all pulling for you. Pokes-n-Pinches! Taunya

Reta said...

I will have to agree with Little T--you are all amazing!! We love you all.

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine the picture that Carson had in his mind about the "semi"! What a great kid. The Pepiot's love you Cars...
And of course, I too believe that the Knights are all amazing!!