Friday, April 23, 2010

Mason, 7 years old!

This was Mason April 20, 2003. It was Easter Morning, one I will never forget. Mason ingested some fluids and was put in NICU, after having a C-Section I was going nowhere, so they brought me a polaroid picture and that was all I had of my baby the first 24 hours of his life (due to the fact when I could finally go see him late that night, I got so sick they took me right back to my room). After 5 days in the NICU Mason was released with a clean bill of health. Over the years we have had our struggles with Mason stitches, almost biting his tounge off, Lactose Intolerance, attitude, and alot of just typical stuff. We love Mason attitude and all!

This is Mason now April 2010. Mason is in 1st grade he is an awesome student. His teacher is always telling me how much she enjoys him in her class. One day he missed school and she sent me a note telling me how much she misses him when he is absent. Her words "he brings a spark to her class". I am sure he does! Mason is really enjoying learning to read this year and is amazing at it.

Eyes and a smile, Hugs and kisses and an I Love You Mom in his sweet little voice, that on most days save him. I love that Mason is proud of who he is. He isn't afraid to just be himself, spunk, attitude and all.
You are an awesome Son, Big and Little Brother and friend. We Love You Mason!

2 comments:

Reta said...

We love you too, Mason. What a handsome boy...you are awesome!!

Taunya said...

I fell in love with Mason all over again on Sunday when I saw him snuggle up to you in Sacrament Meeting and hug you too pieces! These photographs just confirm that he truly is one sweet boy. Happy 7th Birthday Mason! - Taunya