Friday, December 17, 2010

The Reason for the Season!

I love the Christmas season. Over the past few days I have been forced to reflect what it really means to me. It may have been a conversation with Mason about his guilt of knowing it is about giving not receiving but he really, REALLY likes receiving. Or conversations with others of traditions being carried on, or those being set aside for a man to provide for his family. As I reflect on the many conversations, feelings and traditions, I know that a few things are true, Christ was born and because of that we have this season, It will come again in another 12 months and traditions that have been set aside can happen once again. This year for me I am looking back over the last 12 months and the economy has changed, I have spent more time in doctors offices and at Primary Childrens Hospital than I had ever dreamed . I have never been in such a humbling place and have never left there without tears in my eyes realizing the trials those children are faced with. Each time we leave the hospital and see all of the License plates from surrounding states we are reminded that once again we are blessed because we get to go home to our own beds and family! So this year Christmas will come and I am thankful for our Savior, The Gospel and above all, a husband that loves and provides for my family and 4 boys that bring me JOY, a 10 year old that has kept a smile on his face being faced with things no child should be faced with and once again we are blessed that no nights having been spent in hospitals or hours in clinic receiving treatments that have awful side effects and great healing power. I know this year my family has truly been blessed and we have grown from our trials. May you all have a Happy Holiday season and truly remember why it is celebrated!

1 comment:

Reta said...

So true. I look up to you and your amazing example. I love you all and am proud to call you my friends.