Friday, February 5, 2010

Follow-Up on Carson

We recieved the final pathology reports back from Carson's surgery, you all remember the one that Doctors were sure there would be no recurring problems. Well we sure wish they were right in that, but unfortunatly they were wrong. Thank Heavens for all the "standard lab tests" they run on things. Carson recieved a diagnosis of Hodgkin Lymphoma on Tuesday. This was we believe, as big of shock for the doctor as it was for us. Carson has not shown any sighs, he is your typical active 9 year old. Of course looking back and knowing signs of it maybe there were a few signs but hindsight is always 20/20. He started his battle yesterday with a PET and CT scan. From there we meet with Primary Childrens next Thursday and should know the stage and plan of attack but for now it is just alot of unknown. Statistics for this are very encouraging. Carson is tough and is constantly saying "I am so lucky they caught it now", "It could be alot worse", "Now that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be". I am trying so hard to keep his attitude, but it is hard and for now I am so thankful for his little smile and I know without any, doubt Carson can do hard things. He is quickly learning what it means to battle a disease and I know he will fight hard. Please keep him in your prayers and leave a comment so I know if anyone really reads this blog, for now I will do my best to at least post updates weekly, more if time and my emotions allow.

10 comments:

Sheree Beard said...

Jim, Natalie, and all the boys, us Montanians are thinking of you all every day, and are sending our love and positive thoughts to you. Carson is going to do great because of the best parents, best siblings, awesome friends, and great family he has for support. Please let us know if we can do ANYTHING for ANY of you!! And we will be checking this often for updates. :)

Julie said...

Natalie and Jim I don't know what to say. We will keep you in our prayers. You two are so strong and you will make it through this.

Anonymous said...

This sucks!

Jennie said...

Nat, I saw your blog through Shannon's. She found me a few months ago and it has been nice to "see" some of you again through the blogsphere. I am usually a lurker, but this calls for a comment for sure.

What shocking news! I'm so sorry C and your family will have to face this battle.

PCMC is the best. We are there often and it is a comfort to know we have such great resources so close to home.

Our thoughts are with you. Please keep us posted.

Britton said...

Jim and Natalie:

You guys and Carson will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Britton and Stephanie

Reta said...

Of course you are in our prayers. We are so proud of Carson and his positive attitude. He is an example to many. We love you all.

grace said...

im thinking of you guys so much

i love you guys

SUE said...

We are so proud of our little buddy Carson. He is a trooper and even though he will have some tough battles ahead, we know he will be fine. We love you all and are praying for all of you every day.

Paige said...

Carson is an amazing boy with amazing parents. Big hugs to all.

Michelle said...

I've been so busy that I haven't checked blogs as often as usual so I just saw all these updates on Carson :(. I'm so sorry. I'll definately be keeping Carson and your family in my prayers. Carson sounds like such a cute kid and sounds like he has such a good attitude. Hope you are all doing okay. Keep us posted :).