Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 5- Part 1- Lady Liberty

I will have to say this day was long but It was my favorite day in the city. We caught the Subway to Battery Park, picked up our tickets we reserved 3 months ago, went through the airport style security and got on the Statue Cruise ferry to get out to Liberty Island. All by 9:00 am.
The Statue of Liberty was amazing. It was so cool to get off the ferry and get up close to the statue.
Months ago we reserved tickets for the Crown (which just reopened this year since 9-11). There were resrictions on crown tickets (4 tickets per household in a 6 month time period) Though we could have gotten enough tickets to get us all up in except Easton due to his age. The Grandparents and I decided not to attempt it.

We just had a great time sitting in the shade and enjoying the view.


It was a very hot and Humid day. I had heard it was miserably hot to go up in the crown so as we waited I became more and more concerned that I would have a bunch of cranky boys after the experience.


Inside the museum.


Stairway to the crown.

View from the crown.


Much to my relief. The crown, despite the heat, was the highlight of the excursion. Although Mason said it would have been much better had there have been an escalator. I think I might send them that suggestion.




Grandma Jones with Easton


Grandma and Grandpa Knight


Me and my good looking boys!


We decided to eat lunch on the Island due to the long line for the ferry. By the time we got on the ferry it was 1:00 so we did not get off at Ellis Island because we had a very full day.

What a good start to another great day!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So...no elevator in the statue of liberty? That seems strange to me?