Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 5- Part 2- Battery Park & Ground Zero

Battery Park is where you catch the ferry to the Statue of Liberty. We got off the ferry after our visit to Liberty Island and there were some street performers that fasinated Mason and he insisted we stop to watch.


The Positive Brothers



We all ended up being very entertained.


The Positive Brothers were very talented.


They picked Mason to come up and be in their final stunt. He thought it was AWESOME!


Preparation.


The take off!


The flip!


Clear landing!


Easton loved chasing the pigeons.


The boys got to ride in a real NYC taxi. What an experience. Grandma and Grandpa Knight took Jaxon and Carson in one taxi and the rest of us went in another and met up at Ground Zero.



Enjoying the Taxi ride.





Ground Zero is pretty much a construction site. It is fenced off with this blue covering around it. So to get a good view we went into the World Financial Center to the Winter Garden area and they have a viewing area.


Carson and Mason were very interested in what happened on 9-11-2001. So I told them how I had just returned from my morning walk with my BFF Shannon and she called and told me to turn on the news because the country was under attack and for the next week we were glued to the news. I told them how Jaxon (who was only 3 at the time) kept asking why that plane kept crashing into buildings. It is amazing how some events you never forget most of the details. I can't imagine how it would have been to be in that area on that day.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

OMGosh...I will remember that morning forever! Great pics and way to go Mason for your performance at Battery Park!

Jackie said...

Nat, I thought that you should know this, but the guys you saw at Battery Park were the same guys I saw when I was there for Close Up! How neat is that?!